The hostility of rain and crowds

Posted by Patrik Edvardsson | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on 10:44 PM

I got stuck in rain a million times, every time I unlocked my bike this weekend it started pouring. Like someone upstairs was sitting, patiently and with great determination, and let all hell loose just when I got going. There was no end to the poring, I tried to move in the night but the weather kept me at bay. Plans were scrapped and in the middle of it all my phone batteries gave up on me. Fall is here and it is wearing its usual mix of aggressive storms and horizontal rain fall. There is no need for surprise or anger really, we all knew it would come, and all we need to do is dress accordingly and not get upset about it. But of course we do get upset, cause we are emotional people, and all rationality in the world does not help when your head is covered by cold rain and your wet jeans grasp your thighs.

In all this weather that worked full time against me I, and the rest of Amsterdam Agents, managed to destroy Amersfoort's floorball team (7-1) in front of a very energetic home crowd. I got send off for roughing and was responsible for the only goal we let in but otherwise I had a good game as a defender. Today I watched another trumping, when Chelsea went to Arsenal and showed who's boss in London and the Premier League. Drogba was magnificent, with two fantastic goals, and Mikel, Essien and the whole back four were perfect throughout the game. Former Arsenal left back Ashley Cole was behind two of the goals and was accordingly booed when he was substituted. Ah how nice it is to win away against a hostile crowd. That goes both in the Premier League and in the 1st Division of the Dutch Floorball League.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment